Wednesday, September 10, 2008

*Summer Recap*

I cannot believe how quickly this summer has gone by! I have not talked to many of, and my sincere apologizes, you so here is a quick summary...I completed an internship with Peter Jacobsen Sports in the beginning of August and had a blast. With this internship I worked on operations for the Jeld-Wen Tradition and lived in Sunriver, Oregon for a majority of the summer, or should I say the Crosswater Golf Club. I really had a good time participating in this event and learned a lot not only about golf but about this work "field" itself. Thanks Ya'll!!!
When I finally made it back home Paige, her brothers and myself drove to the Gorge and camped for the weekend to see Dave Matthew's Band. This was one of the most amazing venues I have ever experienced! Anyone who has not participated is truly missing out! GO! Though the trip had its up's there were definitely its down's...like the 6 hour drive to the Gorge, Paige's car over heating, Quincy being a whiner in the back seat, and me getting food poisoning while camping with 
                                                                 
only port-a-potties! But, there were far more good memories then bad that's for sure.
                                             
Additionally, I think I had the best birthday this year than any I can actually remember. Being home in Portland allowed most of my closest friends to come out and celebrate with me where the last four years I have already been back at school at this point. I cant believe I'm 23! The festivities started with Allie and I driving to Eugene to watch U of O play USU. Good times! That night I had a BBQ with some family and after went out on the town in Portland with some friends. 
(Disclaimer: Partaking in activities such as dancing, drinking, socializing, or breathing at the club titled "Dirty" may lead to hepatitis, AIDS, rape, and possibly never wanting to travel to Asia) 
But more importantly, I cant believe I leave in 6 DAYS!! I am really excited right now. No I am not packed yet! But, the whole idea of being in a different countries for 3 months is kind of starting to hit me...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome summer! I love the picture of you in the blue dress. You are such a pretty girl. Enjoy your travels, take lots of picutures and eat something new every day.

Anonymous said...

One more day then the great adventure starts! You will have the time of your life. I know you'll miss us and of course we'll miss you. Bosco and Oders have thier bags packed. Bosco told me that Dakota has been listening to Rosetta Stone Cd's since March! He's ready! Nervous? of course. Patience for others, patience for yourself. You will do just fine